+ Register
  • Main navigation
Login
Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Who's Online
27 user(s) are online (20 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 26

alukard1976, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Help with Neogeo games dip switches on Mameuifx
Just popping in
Group:
Registered-Users
Level : 1; EXP : 47
HP : 0 / 11
MP : 2 / 130
I"ve got mameuifx"s 0.110 version from a link a user kindly provided on mameuifx official forum , and I finally switched from mameplus 0.108u5 to mameuifx 0.110.

High scores save well on dodonpachi and gunbird 2 etc , but this time , I"ve lost the ability to set dipswitch settings on neogeo games , and cannot set to home mode on any neogeo game. I use the same b10$ , but only free play availible and no other settings. I also noticed some green glitching screens come up when launching neogeo games , which I never experienced with mameplus...

Any help please ? :hello:

i also copy-pasted my original post at mameuifx forum ;

I"ve downloaded mame32fx from the link that alfman kindly provided , and was delighted to see it was compatible with my roms and my high scores were saved without any issues.

But when I switched to neogeo and attempted to play King of Fighters 98 , I noticed that the region and console-arcade mode settings in the dip switches menu are one , and I can only set to free play , thus not being able to set the timer to infinity , or change the difficulty.

I"ve copied my roms from my old mameplus installation , and also the same b10$ of neogeo which I used without problems for years... In right click settings menu of neogeo.c I can set the b10$ to Europe , US etc but makes no difference.

I"ve also downloaded neogeo unibios 2.3 but it makes no diffrence neither.

I was very happy my hi score problem being solved , but not being able to use home-mode in neogeo games is a big trade off for me... Sad

What can be the problem ? Doesn"t mameuifx support home mode in neogeo ?

Thanks for your help

clessx

Posted on: 2010/12/14 16:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Help with Neogeo games dip switches on Mameuifx
From Wakefield, West Yorks, U.K.
Group:
Registered-Users
TeamRetro
TeamRetro: MailGroup
Level : 33; EXP : 42
HP : 0 / 810
MP : 514 / 25748
Quote:

clessx wrote:

Doesn"t mameuifx support home mode in neogeo ?

No!

Home mode is AES and not included in mainline MAME.

HTH

Cheers,

Ralph.

Posted on: 2010/12/15 3:48

a_m.

Coherance of posts inversely proportional to Foster's consumption!

Just popping in
Group:
Registered-Users
Is it made availible in later builds , or is it even unsupported in current 0.140 ?

Sad to hear that , I was pleased with mameuifx , but losing in game settings menu and lots of options in neogeo fighters is a real big trade off for me.

Is it possible to enable them in mameuifx with some custom or hacked bios ? I want to get in-game menu of samsho5 and kof99 :(

Posted on: 2010/12/15 10:51

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered-Users
Level : 9; EXP : 5
HP : 0 / 201
MP : 33 / 6399
Press F2 and wait for the menu to appear. Then use the Player 1 control keys, left CTRL and left ALT and Spacebar to get to what you need to select (and maybe the arrow keys too for moving up and down in the menu, I forget now). Anyway get to "Setting Up The Soft Dip" and select it. Once you get that done go to "Slot 1 (the game's name)" and select that then do the same to the things you want to turn on or off and/or increase or decrease. I forget exactly which keys (CTRL-ALT-Spacebar) do what so you will have to use trial and error to get around and I can't remember if you need to use the Enter key at times or not too but I don't think so. The one thing I am pretty sure of is to exit that menu, press the spacebar two times and select "Exit". Mame will save the settings you selected for the next time you play or until you change them again. I haven't done this in a quite a while as you can probably tell but I used to do it when I was playing Metal Slug and wanted to change the blood to red which it wasn't by default. I know for sure the number of lives, the difficulty, continue game or not and a lot of other things like Regions or Countries can be changed there too. I haven't done this in a while but it should work for most or all Neo-Geo games unless it got removed. I know in older versions of MAME, I don't know which ones but I am sure somebody else can tell you, there was a way to change between Arcade and Home versions there too but that was removed for sure quite a while ago. Give it a try and come back and tell us what you found. And if my poor directions are too hard to follow maybe somebody else here can post better ones.

Posted on: 2010/12/15 14:21

Just popping in
Group:
Registered-Users
Thank you very much for your detailed answer , it helped me and cleared a lot of points for me :)

I know in older versions of MAME, I don't know which ones but I am sure somebody else can tell you, there was a way to change between Arcade and Home versions there ***

I"m considering using mame32fx 0.110 and long time been using 0.108 plus so i wouldnt mind using even older version. I hope someone can answer from what versions on it is dropped. practice mode of kof is important for me -cause I suck at special moves-

Posted on: 2010/12/16 13:18

Just popping in
Group:
Registered-Users
(sorry for double post I couldnt find the button to edit)

I tried mameuifx 0.110s f2 menu but could not find setting to set to home mode to there , also no practice mode availible , and finally no option to set time to infinite (it is availible on mameplus 0.108"s in-game main menu) , so no-no for me sadly

I also added unibios 2.3 to my neogeo bios zip file but it is not recognized and listed on bios list , do I need an older version ? or doesnt mameuifx support unibios ?

thanks

Posted on: 2010/12/16 16:28

Just popping in
Group:
Registered-Users
Level : -INF; EXP : NAN
HP : NAN / -INF
MP : -INF / -INF
i am Sad to hear that , I was pleased with mameuifx , but losing in game settings menu and lots of options in neogeo fighters is a real big trade off for me.

Posted on: 2010/12/23 17:41

Home away from home
Group:
Registered-Users
Level : 31; EXP : 10
HP : 0 / 752
MP : 430 / 17775
Try Mess it support the Neo-geo AES (console) the roms needed can be build out of mame. But not all Neo-Geo games run on the Console version.

Another way is to use Nebula

Posted on: 2010/12/27 3:08

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.